I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day One-I made the commitment

Howdy Howdy Folks...Welcome to my blog. First things first a big thank you goes out to YOU for reading this blog. My purpose for writing this blog is to give you a daily account of my training for the Country Music Marathon in April 2010. I am attempting to run my first marathon with the National Capital Area Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. Team in Training (TNT) is the number one endurance training program in the world (so I think I am in good hands when it comes to training for the event). There are two parts to this marathon: one I have to run and two I have made a commitment to raise $3,000 to go towards The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma and to improve the quality of life for patients and their families.

With that said, the commitment begins...

Paperwork filled out-Check
Kick off Celebration-Saturday (looking forward to meeting my teammates and honored teammate)
My first run-Dec 12th

I don't think I mentioned that its starting to get cold outside (we are expecting snow on Saturday) so the first run might be somewhat difficult. Go TNT!

No comments:

Post a Comment