I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 5- Kick off Celebration

Howdy Howdy! On Saturday Dec 5th I went to the Kick-off celebration for the Spring season in Rosalyn. I got to meet some incredible people from Team in Training (TNT)i.e. the triathletes and the dedicated people who work for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). I also got to meet some of my teammates. In no particular order, there is Jenn (my mentor), Alex (my coach), Shannon (my coach) and teammates: Bruce, Pat, Cathy and Robby. I know there are more on my team so I will have to update you guys after I meet them.

The Kick-off celebration was a great introduction to whom I committed the 5 months of my life to: the Honored Teammates, the true heroes of the organization. My team's honored teammate is Hunter and he is 10 years old and a happy and healthy boy. He was diagnosed at the age of 10 months with leukemia. He underwent numerous treatments before finding a treatment that worked for him. We are thankful that Hunter can be our Honored Teammate and we are extremely thankful for the medical researchers and doctors that saved his life.

I started my training on Sunday Dec 6th. I will update you guys with more details soon. Pictures soon to come...keep on checking back for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment