I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 12-New Running Shoes & 3 miles Check

So this past weekend, we had our first team training in Bethesda, MD. The whole Maryland team met up together and we got to meet our team mentors as well as the rest of the crew. I must say that getting up at 6:30am on a Saturday morning is quite dreadful but then I remember that I am running for those that can't run anymore so my attitude changed quickly. At our meeting, we also met a physical therapist and a representative named Cathy from Pacers, the running store. I must say that Cathy knew her stuff when it came to sizing me up for shoes. She did a quick shoe analysis on my feet and told me that a neutral shoe would be best for my feet.

After the shoe analysis, I ran my 3 miles in 25 degree weather in 40 minutes. It was a small milestone but one of many to come! I ended up going to Pacers on Saturday with my friend Lindsey to get new shoes. I was kind of embarrassed when the salesman named Chris asked me how long I had had my current shoes and I sheepishly said 3 years. He said yeah they needed to be replaced. I walked out with a pair of Nike Bowerman Series shoes. We will have to see how they perform during my next run. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment