I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 9- Running and Talking LLS up!

Alrighty folks so its Day 9 and the cold and windy weather is starting to sett in up here in the DC area. I recently went out and purchased a hat, a long sleeve dri-fit shirt and dri-fit socks (the feet are very important to keep happy). Shoes are coming this weekend and tights I will have to order online. By now I am drinking 90-120 oz of water a day. I need to start drinking Gatorade (I will have to jump on that) for the electrolytes. I am also realizing that pasta is my new best friend.

Through talking with my co-workers, I am realizing that the connection to leukemia, lymphoma and other blood cancers is closer to home. One of my co-workers shared with me that her late husband died of lymphoma. "Every 4 minutes one person is diagnosed with a blood cancer" - this statistic blows me away. "Every ten minutes, someone dies from a blood cancer. This statistic represents nearly 146 people each day, or more than six people every hour" - this one does too. This is the reason that I am running. I consider my family to be very lucky that we haven't had to face this nasty illness. We are truly blessed. I am running for all of who can’t run because donating or racing is easier than having to endure chemotherapy.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is celebrating 60 years of helping patients live better, longer lives. We are, and always will be, committed to our critical mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

Help me and The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society find a cure for all blood cancers. Please visit my donation page to the left if you wish to make a contribution. Thanks you guys! Check back for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment