I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 16-The mission moments continue



Howdy Howdy readers, every week we get an email from our Mission Captain. Its her job to keep us in the loop about the people that we are trying to help. Today she sent an email about a little boy was passed away in the 3rd grade who was a dear friend to one our teammates. It really hits home when I think of my 5 month old niece. She is so precious and I couldn't image my life without her.  She is another reason why I am running the marathon and not because she has a blood cancer but because I want to end the pain for all families who have to watch their little youngster or family member fight such an illness. I am running for all the babies, kiddos and adults that are unable to run for themselves.
(And you too Ms. Sheridan.)


The picture to the right is one of my teammates Lindsey. We are best buds so I bet there will be lots of her on here. This was taken during our fundraising expo and after the run. This was first time that Lindsey has had a banana in a few years so we were really proud of her for taking the plunge. Stay tuned...I will update more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment