I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 62-January 30th Ran in the snow 2nd time

Okay many of you know that I live in the Washington DC area. There are times when it occasionally snowed but nothing major-boy was I wrong about this one. We started the run at about 8:15am and by 9:30am the snow came falling. We were on the Capital Crescent Trail (Bethesda part) again and the trail was getting slick. Our coaches told us to call it a day when we reached the meeting point. Because my knee is giving me problems, I managed to run 1 mile and walk the next 4. I was happy to leave and I didn’t waste any time doing so. The snow was coming and I wanted to make sure that I got home in one piece and not a body bag. People up here go crazy when precipitation falls from the sky.

For this run, we had all the marathon/half marathon teams together (DC, Maryland, Virginia and Walk Team). It was nice to have more encouragement out on the trail. It sounds silly but when your knees, ankles and feet are saying ‘no more, no more’ you have wonderful teammates that give you the "You can do it" or “Go TEAM.” Encouragement on the trail from TNTers is 100% awesome.

Knee Injury Update: So my low mileage may sound like I am slacking off but I am trying to give my knee some healing time before I put on more heavy mileage. I am doing the icing 2-3 times a day. I have also started bulking up my quads a couple of times a week. My coaches said that my quads are too weak to hold my knees in the proper form so let the bulking up again.  Lunges, squats and leg presses oh my!



No comments:

Post a Comment