I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 72 February 9- Snowed In for 6 days and Counting

Snowflakes are kisses from heaven. If that's true, then I have been blessed this past week.

Picture courtesy of Washington Post's Snow and Ice Pictures

From the tagline above, you might have guessed that I have been snowed in for 6 days and counting. I haven't been to work since last Friday at 10:30am.  I am starting to miss work and coworkers. My apologies for not updating my blog this past week. It took me over 3 days to dig out my car. I have to say that my cat Dip has been enjoying the company while I am at home. She even gets in my lap now (something that she has never done before). My mom says that she is trying to tell me that she misses me. I guess Mom really does know best.

Yesterday, I got an invitation to go skiing with two coworkers at Whitetail Ski Resort in Mercersberg, PA. I had a lot of fun skiing on the mountain but my legs were killing me. I had to get off the blue trails and hit up the green trails because it was less work on my legs. I didn't realize that skiing could do that to me or my legs.

Many of you know that I have sent out my letters asking for donations-the response has been amazing. Keep sending those forms back to me as well as the words of encouragement. You guys are the best! Today I got an email asking me to recommit to the Team In Training mission from my staff contact-Amy. You have seen her picture on the blog before.

Things to do tomorrow:

Fill out recommitment forms
Write thank you notes
Send out more letters
Go for a short run in the snow (what day would my day be if I didn't run in the snow?)
Stretch and workout my quads

If you have a chance, please do vote on my hair color for Race Day.


1 comment:

  1. Super Proud of you!!! In the words of Donald Trump, "As long as you are going to think, Think BIG." Miss you so much. Be careful running in the snow. Send some my way. Give the large one my love. Miss you. Love you. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete