I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 67-February 4th Do you really need 4 gallons of milk?

Okay people preparations are currently underway for 16-24 inches of snow. YES 16-24 inches of snow. From the National Weather Service "WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW WITH NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES."

At first, I didn't believe it but I decided to be prepared if something happened. I went to the grocery store (Wegmans) at 8:30pm. You would have thought the world was coming to an end with the length of the lines and the scarcity of food on the shelves. Believe me when I say that the check lines were extremely long. It took me about 30-40 minutes to move my way up to the cashier. They had people from all other departments bagging groceries and checking people out i.e. bakers, customer service representatives, dairy department. It was crazy.

Then when you think that you have been waiting an eternity to check out, these two older women get into it with each other. One lady cut in front of the other lady. Drama, drama, drama. I felt for the shift supervisor, who was a young lady by the name of Samantha. She had to break the ladies up-I think I would have called the police. Here I was at the end of my line (in the middle of an aisle), standing on my cart to watch the action. I guess I should be ashamed of myself for enjoying the two women bicker, but I was bored and time stood still. Did they really need all of that milk and eggs in their cart? I think not.

I got an email from my coaches that said they were moving practice from Saturday to Sunday. Moving 12 miles from one day to the next-uhh well there is no harm in doing that but it does delay my recovery. Oh my legs are going to be sore. I am pushing to complete 5 miles on a good note and maybe possibly more.

I am hoping that the roads will be nice and cleaned off but one can dream right? I guess I really do miss the South Georgia weather and people of course(no snow to deal with). So if anyone in the NOVA area is feeling extra generous on Friday or Saturday and they drive a 4x4, feel free to stop by my house and lend a hand shoveling some snow. I am thinking if we get 2 feet of snow that I will be digging my car, driveway and sidewalk out for a few hours. Many hands make light work. Do I have any takers?

Thank you to all of those that have participated in the polls to dye my hair on Race Day. A special thank you to all of you who have showed your support to me in many ways. The memories that you have shared with me about your racing experiences has been the best ever. Notes to remember: mile 21 will be tough but you got to get over that barrier, drink plenty, toenails will fall off but they will grow back :). I am doing my best to update my fundraising website with the totals. Check back later for a better look at how much we have raised together. And remember this Cancer stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment