I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let the preseason shannigans begin...

I can't complain....7 miles and counting.
Here is the scoop I am preparing myself mentally and physically to run the Nike Women's Half Marathon in October (mentally there are hills; physically there are more hills). Now it might sound like I have a lot of time (its April) to kill but it doesn't quite work that way. Last year around this time I was doing twice a week physical therapy appointments to make work outs more manageable. PT lasted for almost 4 months. Needless to say, I did finish the race along with a few more but not without some hiccups along the way. 

Jessica was super pumped about her random hills bike workout.
 I have decided this year I do not want to see the inside of a PT office unless I absolutely have to. If that means biking, climbing stairs and pumping iron then so be it. Here's to my increase in bicep/tricep routine and long distances with alpine hills. Building my glutes, hips and core one exercise at a time.



Keeping the positive attitude alive in my workout

 I am especially thankful to have an official workout partner this time around-Jessica. Of course, I have my TNT buddies but this is the preseason ya'll. Jessica is a great source of encouragement to go to the gym or take a toning class.  No more couch surfing with the Mister and Old Lady its time for some serious cardio action.

Jessica is my official workout partner.



Toning those hams and glutes



I am done for today. Thank you Jessica for taking action shots of the madness.  

One more note, I was thinking of trying out Barefeet. Any comments from the experts would be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment