I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It’s been awhile….


The past year has been a blur for me because so much has been happening in life and in running. Let me catch you up:

I ran the Peachtree Road Race last July Fourth. It had over 55,000 of my favorite friends there. It was a fun race because I had my Dad to keep me company at the start and I had my mom at the finish line waiting for me. Thing to remember if you ever do this race, show up late I mean really late. It took me an hour and half to get to the start line. I could have slept in and still finished before the course closed. I also got to spend Fourth of July with the Shamp Family. 


 
My cutie pie niece turned one-she now chats regularly, eats everything with ketchup, kisses everyone good night including the puppies-Hailey, Jacey and Pooka and loves her Daddy (and Mommy too).




I ran the Virginia Beach Rock-n-Roll Half on Labor Day-my birthday weekend. It was the absolute best. My good ole’ buddy Lindsey and I had backstage concert passes and VIP start line and finish line passes including premium bathrooms and goodies. It was a great weekend to be at the beach.





As part of my dedication to Team in Training and my dear friendship that I have with my mentor-Jenn Z, I put myself up on the block for a date auction. Met an awesome guy and rest is history. He too runs with Team in Training except he is super fast with his ninja socks and I run with the turtles



 

I ventured out west with Wild Crazy Bill and my long time pal Amber in her mode of transportation: Debbie Dangerous, the Ford Taurus. We hit home runs with the Rockies and Tulo , we scaled up the Grand Tentons in record time, camped out with bears and moose, visited the largest potato known to mankind in Idaho, drank coffee with Donald Miller in Portland , saw the Pacific Coast and slept in a YURT, went across the longest bridge of my life,  had more coffee at Pike’s Place in Seattle 


 Wild Crazy Bill met some interesting folks...
 and finally rested in Sand Point, Idaho to meet Lady Liberty herself
Ahhh the memories….

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad it had been a good and busy year for you. Good luck to you in this race. Can't wait to read all the updates. Thanks for catching us up. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete