I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 55 January 23- Ran 10 miles on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethseda

Alrighty so this past Saturday our Maryland Team ran on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethseda. Because I am training for the full marathon my training runs tend to a bit longer than the rest of the team sometimes. The course that we were running had a few hills that were quite steep I even got to run past Santa (yes Santa in full beard with red running shorts and a white shirt to complete the look). It was chilly when we first started running but by the end of the run I had shed a layer including my gloves (I won't do that again; I needed the gloves at the end of my run). The course was full of cyclists, walkers, families and then good ole TNTers. Everyone I met was very nice and had great manners on the trail.

Because the trail was paved, my feet took a pretty bad beating. I was definitely feeling the physical side effects (very sore feet, tight calves and knees that were like jello) after my run on Saturday morning.  One thing that I did on this run was to try out Jelly Beans http://www.sportbeans.com/
It was nice to have a boost in energy on mile 5. I also tried Starbursts and pretzels. I'm not looking forward to the gels.

My time on Saturday running 10 miles was 2 hours and 15 minutes. And this is where I was running on Saturday. I will be back for more this weekend.  http://www.cctrail.org/CCT_Maps.htm

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried running on the Capital Crescent Trail between Bethesda and Silver Spring? It is not paved and might be easier on your feet and knees. It is a very pretty trail, with a beautiful trestle over Rock Creek Park. And not as crowded as the Trail to Georgetown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam for the information. Because I am running there again next weekend I will have to try it out. You are right the trail is very nice between Bethesda and Silver Spring. I was only on that part of trail for a mile. Good luck getting more signatures for the Save the trail Petition. I am with you!

    ReplyDelete