I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 48, January 16th- Ran 8 Miles in 1 hour in 40 minutes

First my apologies for not updating more frequently throughout the week. Saturday January 16th was my 8 mile run at Carderock, MD. I have to say that the scenery was beautiful but the weather on the Potomac river was a bit on the chilly side. It was the first time that our Maryland Team of TNT was able to get together. It was nice to be able to meet some of the people that I have been hearing about. There is one guy named Lucas that runs in "barefeet." He has a much  faster pace than I do but he had really muddy feet by the end of the run. Check out the picture of "barefeet running shoes" below courtesy of REI.

http://www.rei.com/product/754765?preferredSku=7547650148&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-7547650148&mr:trackingCode=A0164576-8893-DE11-93DB-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Also on our team is family of three running the Country Music Half Marathon. There is Pat, Cathy and Robbie. Robbie ran with TNT last year and got his family involved for this season with TNT. I think its great that a family is getting involved with the Team In Training. I will try to get a picture of the three of them up here soon.

Training during the week is starting to get tough. -I think for me its more about time management. As for my 8 mile run, I thought my time wasn't too bad. I did complete the run with all my limbs attached.  Stay tuned for more action!

No comments:

Post a Comment