I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 41- Sunday Jan 10th Bake Sale Anyone?

I got up and got my day started with labeling the baked goods for the Bake Sale today. One of our Maryland Team mentors decided to have a bake sale at three of the Giant stores in the Besethda/Cabin John area. I signed up for the late afternoon shift (1-to sleep in and 2 to go running afterwards). I have to say that I had a great experience with the bake sale. I stood outside of the Cabin John Giant with my bud Lindsey and we met some very generous people. Some of them were past Team in Training folks while others had a family member or close friend lose their battle. Others asked what we were doing and we explained that we were training for a marathon or half marathon for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and all funds that we raise go to them. Many people were supportative and wished us good luck with our training.  

Here are a few pictures from the Bake Sale:


Our quaint table in a great location-a special thanks to Miguel and his son Jose.



Lindsey smiling at happy shoppers


Buddy Run on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment