I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekend activities part 2: Fredericksburg

This is a follow up to my previous weekend post. This is the second half of Saturday and Sunday's activities. I went down to see several peeps run the Marine Corp Historic Half Marathon. Saturday night was the TNT inspirational dinner where you get to meet other TNTers who are running the same event as yourself and meet some of their supporters. We also get to hear from a Honored Teammate who in this case was Lisa from the VA chapter talking about her daughter Hannah.






 
Brian Brian and Laura H at the TNT inspirational dinner





Darren and myself



Delicious Dinner
 Sunday: Mister told me that Drew Carey was going to be at this race (as soon as I heard that I just knew that I had to meet him). According to sources, Drew was a former Marine and was doing this race to promote fitness. PS Drew is coming back to do the Marine Corp FULL marathon in October. The odds are in my favor to see him again. Maybe he will dress up like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show now that would be hilarious.


The Starting Line



Yes that is a fitter looking Drew Carey people. Yes the price was right with him today.

Darren actually PRed on this race and beat the awesome Drew Carey. He was a total trooper up Hospital Hill.


Mr. Carey caught in the action. He had a great pace going and went on to finish the race just right under two hours. Congrats to him on finishing so well.

Coach Jim Frasier with a participant.
I failed to mention that I was at mile 12. I put myself there because it was at the top of the elevation chart and I knew that I would love to see my peeps coming up that hill. It was definitely worth it because all the peeps told me thank you afterwards for the support. I am glad that I could be there. I think next time I need to get a really loud noise maker-maybe an airhorn or mega phone. What do you guys think? Is that too much?

  Mike with another participant

Sean at the very end of the hill.

Laura H was actually right behind Drew Carey. She had a great race that day.

Mike C had  a wonderful race as well. He is too funny and gave me a great runner's pose.

And Mister shows up at Mile 12.

Picture is courtesy of myself on behalf of Jeremy and Marc for evidence in case Mister didn't make the end.  I am happy to report that the casket order was canceled. Mister does it again.

Elliott from VA Chapter-this was his last event with Team in Training. We wish you the very best in your next chapter. And yes he is wearing PURPLE tights.

 Beer and a Krispy Kreme doughnut-What more does a man need after 13.1 miles?

I am one awesome cheerleader-I bring treats.

 
Beer at the Awesome Capital Ale House.
The Capital Ale House was in downtown Fredericksburg. It had to be one of the  coolest place that we went to. The beer selection was crazy awesome and the bartenders definitely knew their stuff about beer i.e where it came from and which beer goes best with their food selection. Two thumbs up for the Capital Ale House. I definitely want to return to this place in the near future. Here's to more adventures with Team in Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment