I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Saturday Morning: Kickoff-Breakfast for Champions

This weekend was jammed packed so let me start from the start. I woke up at o'dark thirty to go to the TNT Fall Kickoff. We decorated the place with crazy decorations and had a wonderful time cheering on the season.

George and myself (I am excited to see George. He will be participating in the Metro South team).

Coach Craig and Participant Cindy loving that margarita glass 

 We missed Coach Kim at Kick Off but she was packing up and heading to Fredericksburg for the Marine Corp Historic Half Marathon.Up above is one my awesome mentee Cindy. She brought her mom, Janet, to kick off. Not pictured were Karen, Jasti and Geet. Karen I actually met at a TNT info session so it was pretty cool to see her at kick off and realize that we had already met before. Karen is doing the Marine Corp Full Marathon for a milestone birthday this year. I am totally pumped for her. I will update you guys on my other mentees later on.


Mister and others  modeling posing

Gina and myself


Myself and Therese loving that Palm Tree

 I am so excited that Therese and I are on the same team this season. She is just a joy to be around and I love her energy. I also love that she accepts my "running pace" with a wonderful attitude and has already offered to team up with me for this Saturday's morning training. I love this chica already.


My Kick Off Table (you don't see the coconut bra but its there).

As you can see I had to have a two foot palm tree on my table (it was essential) along with leis and margarita glasses full of chocolate. So I know you may be thinking "Hey are you suppose to be raising money for cancer research"and I would say to you "Duh but who said we couldn't have a little fun too." Saturday Morning Kick Off Breakfast for Champions was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment