I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Training=Turn Around Point Anyone?

We had our first training this past Saturday and boy did we have some fun at Road Runners. We are so thankful that they opened their store up to us early for some browsing and an athletic clinic. One of my running partners in crime is Therese. She is one funny gal and makes me laugh like no one's business. I am super pumped to be a mentor with her this season.



Before Practice-Myself and Therese

After the clinic, we headed out to run an easy 3 miler for some on the WO&D trail.So I started off  by running with Rob, Rahul, Mary, Cathy, Karen, Mister at various points in the beginning. I am doing a 2/1 ratio (2 minutes of running to 1 minute of walking) so I would pass people and then they would pass me. This went on for a few minutes. I am also trying to do my absolute best to remember names of participants because gosh darn your name is important and it makes someone feel special that you remembered them. I am trying to run with different people throughout practice.

  We all were suppose to run 3 miles but for a select few we missed the turn around and luckily our fabulous, awesome Coach Kim came to the rescue. Those lucky participants were myself and Rob, a cycling Pro and a newbie to the running world. I know two things for sure: that one Rob will never run with me again and two that I will never miss the turn around spot again. I would rather turn around early then forget to do so. For the record, there was a certain someone (MISTER) standing in front of the turn around sign so that is why I missed it. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Of course, no comment from Mister.

Coach Craig and the Mister

We are ready!


Saturday Morning=Go Time



Annette and Sean (another family joining the craziness of TNT)

Cathy and Mary-The Graves' Team
Team Graves is made of the wonderful Cathy-The Mom, Pat-The Dad (not pictured) and Mary-The Daughter. Cheers to them for making this a family event.


Great run with Rob the cycling PRO and he still has a smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment