I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

VA Beach Part UNO-

This past weekend, I went down to visit VA Beach partly because I knew a bunch of people running the VA Beach Half Marathon but also to celebrate my ohh-so-awesome-BIRTHDAY at the JEWISH MOTHER. If you are ever in the area I would highly suggest you go because it is going to rock your world like no other. I had the best ever TOWERING CARROT CAKE even the Mister said it was delicious and moist. I wish I could mail you some.


I went down to cheer on some of my participants Sean, Annette and the Mister and others. Check out the pictures below.

Participants Annette and Sean at the Pasta  Party

Preacher Joy
 Preacher Joy had the best ever mission story I have ever heard. She was truly inspirational. Her grandmother died of cancer 40 years ago and ever since then her mother has been donating to LLS on Mother's Day in honor of her grandmother. Two years ago, Joy was diagnosed with leukemia and the drug that put her in remission was discovered by LLS, whom her mother had been supporting all those years. Isn't it amazing how truly connected we are to each other? It might was taken 40 years to bring the circle back around to Joy but it happened. Joy raised $4,000 by herself and plans on doing the Nike Women's race next year.

Running like the Rockstars they are

Almost to the finish line
More about last weekend to come...think Justin Bieber, 3 hotdogs and sidewalk chalk...

No comments:

Post a Comment