I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Ran 12 miles on Saturday

I am going to be honest with you if you were to call me past 9pm now I would think you are nuts. I have been getting up early now since May to run at o'dock thirty on Saturday mornings to avoid the heat and humidity. Needless to say, when my family calls I politely hang up and say call at a descent hour-I realize I am getting old now. I know right-an old fogee. Sign me up for AARP, botox and senior citizen discounts please.

This past Saturday I got and ran 12 miles with the Team. I am not going to lie to you it was not easy but it was nice having some company (Sara and Megan) to make the miles go by quicker. Megan actually left us at the 8 mile point from not feeling so well. I went on and ran with Sara who was doing an 18 miler OMG. She was such a trooper. My hips actually didn't bother me but my feet were sore (I think because they were swollen). I did have some IT band issues but I am hoping that Dr. Frey, new and improved chiropractor can work on.

After all the rain that we have received it is so nice to go out for a run these days. I am also in the mood to find a new pair of kicks to try out. The Mister is suggesting that I try the Vibrams with hopes they will correct my hip issues. I am going to search for a pair of these on craiglist with hopes that I can give them a try without paying bookoo bucks for them. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment