I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 139- April 17th Last Chance Workout Good Ole 6 miler

Howdy Guys...well today was my last "official" workout with Team in Training Spring Season and wouldn't you know it I was late to this practice. In fact, it was the only practice that I was ever late too.  I got to see some of other teammates that participated in races earlier in the season and hear encouraging words from those guys.  It's nice to know that they still care about us Country Music runners.
Today's workout wasn't too difficult but boy did I enjoy those hills and of course having company is always nice. I also got a chance to have a friendly chat with my Coach Alex and he had some encouraging words to say about the race and this season. Thanks Coach!

Another tid-bit of info: I got a chance to meet my honored Teammate Ms. Sheridan Pearcey, who is fighting for her life. She is a sweet "young at heart" lady who came to visit her daughter and grandson this week. It was nice to hear that she feels like a human again. Ms. Sheridan, the race in Nashville is for you!

Go TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment