I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 123 Thursday April Fools Day- There's no fooling around up here


Because this weekend is Easter weekend, we have an “own our own training” but I am thinking I am going to hook up with Jenn and the wonderful Graves family for a quick jaunt around Fletcher’s boathouse in DC. It will be nice to see the Graves’ Family and to catch up with them. It’s amazing to think that after almost 5 months our training will be ending soon.
Physical therapy is still going well. I am almost finished with it. I have to admit that it has taken some dedication on my part to keep going and taking the time to do the exercises every day. I do my best to work out every day but it is starting to affect my work schedule a bit. Hopefully with the race only a few weeks away I will be able to finish up quickly.
Besides working on PT, I have also been working on my race outfit. What shorts, socks and other items will I wear on Race Day? Now this may sound trivial but I am trying to think like a road racer. I think I got the socks, shoes & fuel belt down as well  my fuel snacks during the race. The singlet will just have to work because I have to wear it. I also have a bright neon visor to wear in order to pick me out in a crowd. I am thinking to myself just look for the whitest girl in shorts and a singlet-I can't be missed. This will have to wait for another day. 
I am getting excited not only about the race but also about seeing my family. I haven't seen them since Christmas and the little "punkin" Jayden has grown like a weed.  I am excited to see the little baby and my family as well.
My very special thank you to all of my contributors in Georgia you guys are the absolute best. I am trying to think of some way to really thank you for your cards, letters and donations. I am thinking on this and will get back to this soon. Go TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment