I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 132 April 10th George Washington has one awesome plantation

I have two weekends left until Race Day. I have to say that I am getting use to waking up early and going for a run/walk/jog with my teammates. It's nice to say that I ran 8 miles before 11am on a Saturday morning-I feel like I got something accomplished. This weekend were graced with the trail at Mount Vernon, which is where George Washington's estate was. It was a beautiful place to go for a walk with my buddies. Check out Mount Vernon's website for more information: http://www.mountvernon.org

I got a chance to run with my teammate Robbie and catch up with the latest "60 Minutes" gossip. I also got a chance to meet one of our coaches named Jack. He was talking to Robbie and myself about the Nashville course. He was encouraging yet honest about the course and the hills that will get us at the end of the race. I am totally not worried about the finish line at all-yeah right.

One thing I learned this weekend is that Mrs. Judy ZiBerna's birthday will be on Race Weekend.  Her daughter, Jenn is the reason that I started running with Team in Training. I think it is a perfect way to honor her life by running the half marathon for her. I have a lot people that I am running for on Race Day so this one is for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment