I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 145- April 23rd Family Surprise and a Rockin Pasta Party

I knew my family was coming to watch me cross the finish line (I think mostly because they wouldn't believe me if I did). It was such a surprise to see both of my sisters Bailey aka Aunt B and Amanda aka Momma there along with Baby Jayden and Momma & Daddie. Little punkin has grown like a weed.


I even got to see her crawl.


I kept my promise to my supporters and went totally pink for the race. Luckily my sisters and momma were there to catch all the action. My special thanks to Bailey and Amanda for their specialty in the hair color spray business. I think Bailey enjoyed this a little too much.


My hair was a little sticky so I had my stylist finish the do with the hair dryer.
And the finished look. Thanks girlies!

After my hairdo was complete, I headed downstairs for this awesome rockin pasta party that Team in Training throws before every event. Its a time to get together with all the other chapters and members of TNT and remember why we were there: our honored teammates. For me it was about remembering Mrs. Judy ZiBerna, Mr. Paul Stevens, Mr. Jim Moughon, Ms. Sheridan Pearcey, Uncle Rhea Watkins and Mrs. Barbara Maioli.

We walked in to this cheering brigade note: Coach Lauren was dressed to the nine's in her awesome cowboy hat, Coach Joe was in his strapping cowboy boots and Martin was sporting his flaming cowboy hat. It was great to see so many of our coaches there cheering us on. We headed on in to the food part which was awesome pasta pasta everywhere.


The pasta was great.


And of course dessert.

The Pasta Party definitely lived up to all of the hype that I had been hearing. I got a chance to hear John "The Penguin" Bingham, who's motto is to enjoy the experience of the race and make up a time in your head to tell people so you don't have to worry about when you are going to cross the finishline." He had a lot of great tips for beginners that are new to the racing bit. Check him out at http://www.waddle-on.com/

I think one of the things that touched me the most was to see a great many of surivivors in the crowd particularly a young girl maybe five or six years old that was proud to stand in her chair. She had really short hair and a cute dress on. It felt good to remember the reason why we were there and the reason we endured through the whole season of extreme weather because cancer sucks!


Jenn- the awesome mentor and myself


Cathy and Pat Graves


At the pasta party

No comments:

Post a Comment