I am running to raise money for blood cancer research, and most of all, to help prevent cancer from taking more lives.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 144- April 22nd Flying to Nashvegas

I woke super early this morning to meet the Graves Family at their house before heading to the airport. I jumped up at 3:30am brushed my chompers and hopped in the car. Traffic on 495 and 270 was a breeze but the fog was terrible. I had to stop several times on 270 to look up at the signs because their was so much fog. After 55 minutes on the road, I made to the Graves' house.

I have to admit that I was surprised to see all of them up and running that's when Cathy let me in on a secret that "Big Shot Robbie" stayed up all night instead of going to sleep. I guess you gotta do whatch ya gotta to do to be on time! After hopping in the second vehicle of the day, we made a pit stop by the 24 hour 7 Eleven (no I didn't know they were open 24 hours I guess I do now) for some cash, drinks and gum. We have to priorities. We hit the road and made it to the airport in plenty of time to check bags and go through security. The airport wasn't exactly hopping if you know what I mean.

We had so much time in fact that we had a yummy sit down breakfast at the Silver Diner (for my Georgia folks its a step up from the Waffle House). It was so nice to eggs, grits and bacon and a big glass of OJ with my TNT family. Once we finished breakfast and loaded the plane, the airline representatives made an announcement about our team being on the plane. I had such a great big smile on my face and was whooping and hollaring for my team knowing that we were about to embark on finishing touches our races and making such great strides towards a cure for blood cancers.

I had a great flight; I sat next to Coach Jack Hughes from Virginia. It was nice to talk with someone about the mechanics of running and how it impacts your body (if anyone needs help with your stride go see Coach Jack). The flight was short and that was nice because we had to get down to business: going to the race expo and eating some barbarque. We had an early lunch at Jack's King BBQ. I enjoyed the experience eating lunch with my teammates.

Yummy yummy goodness


The Race Expo was awesome. The Graves' family and myself spend over 3 hours in that thing going from booth to booth trying all the sample goodies i.e. snack foods, sport drinks, back massage, taping body parts. You name it and they had it. We had absolute blast. All of the walking around made my feet sore so I headed back to the hotel for cat nap which turned into a 14 hour bear nap.  It was well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment